last updated - 2022-11-07
We have created this policy to provide you with transparency and choice on how we might collect, use, and share your personal information when using the browser extension, website, dashboard, email or other digital or material marketing artifact, and its supporting services (“Service”, “Services”).
These websites or services have their own controlling privacy policies that you should review.
To make this Service possible, we need to collect and process personal information from our users.
We also have to share a limited amount of your personal information to third-parties including the affiliate networks we work with and the advertisers you are shopping at.
I. Personal Information
There are two types of personal information we process and collect about our users.
Directly Identifiable Information and pseudonymized personal information.
1. Directly Identifiable Information (“DII”).
DII is information that can personally identify you as an individual.
DII is voluntarily provided by you and helps Shoppsie identify you as an individual user.
Examples of DII collected would be; your name, your email address used to login to your account and communicate with you, your PayPal email address used by Shoppsie to pay out winnings.
2. Pseudonymized Personal Information (“PPI”).
PPI is personal information that has been processed in a way that it can no longer be attributed to specific individuals without the use of additional information.
Examples of PPI we process include IP addresses, order IDs, access tokens, and browsing activity.
The Service does not use DII.
Instead, the Service collects and processes personal information as PPI.
Using PPI allows Shoppsie to view and understand how users interact with our content or Service without revealing your identity.
II. Information Collection And Use
1. Pseudonymous Information Collected by Shoppsie
The majority of the data that Shoppsie processes is system generated and collected when users interact with our extension and/or visit advertisers’ websites or services.
2. How Shoppsie Collects Pseudonymous Information
We collect the PPI identified above in a variety of ways.
However, we principally use logging data from the Service to collect activity data.
Transactional data is processed through third-party affiliate networks and third-party advertisers via cookies, tracking pixels and tags or other similar technologies used to collect information needed to provide their services or complete your transaction which is consistent with standard affiliate marketing tracking technologies.
Third-parties may also provide us with information relating to our users, for example an advertiser may send us data about your purchase including the date the purchase was made, the order total, the items in the order, etc., which we handle on the behalf of such third-party as a service provider.
Each third-party is independently responsible to determine how they engage with you as a customer and determine the handling of your customer data.
Under these circumstances, the use of such personal information is subject to the privacy policies of the third-party.
3. Purposes for Collecting Pseudonymous Information
When you use our Service, Shoppise collects pseudonymized personal information for a variety of purposes, as detailed below.
Attribution: Shoppsie primarily uses PPI to attribute a referral or transaction by a user to an advertiser.
When users click on promotional content provided by our Service, we may assign a unique identifier that is tied to that consumer’s internet browser or device, often via a cookie or similar technology.
This identifier allows us to know which of our users generated a transaction directly on an advertiser’s website and which user could be compensated for this transaction.
Insights and Analytics: Shoppsie uses the PPI collected by our Service to provide our users with reports regarding which purchases are eligible to win a prize pool.
Internal Business Purposes: Shoppsie may also use PPI for internal business purposes, such as:
- Transactional information: information relating to online purchases and actions made by you, order IDs, order timestamps, and other purchasing information of products and services.
- Identifiers and Device Information: hashed ids, user agent strings which provide browser type or extension version, and IP address.
- Online browsing activity information: browsing activity and information on your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement where our technology is deployed, such as clicks, timestamps, referring site URLs, and current site URLs.
- Location data: location information based on IP addresses.
III. Information Sharing by Shoppsie
- Auditing transactions.
- Auditing our systems and services for compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Performing services such as customer service for our Users.
- Internal research for technological development and demonstration, improvement, upgrades, or enhancements to our systems and services.
- Other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law, or with your consent.
IV. Protecting Personal Information
1. Security and Data Integrity
Shoppsie takes steps to help ensure that the data we possess is housed and transmitted securely.
This may include various types of physical and electronic security, including firewall protections, encryption, hashing or truncation of data, and access controls to personal information.
While neither we nor any platform can guarantee 100 percent safety from hacks or illegal intrusion, we employ efforts that are designed to stop this from happening.
Shoppsie retains PPI collected online indefinitely.
V. Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires certain additional information be provided regarding your rights with respect to your personal information.
Please do not rely on the below information and disclosures in this section or otherwise directed to California residents if you are not a resident of California.
1. Your California Rights and Choices
California law allows you to make certain requests about your personal information, including pseudonymous information.
Specifically, under the CCPA you have the right to request access to certain personal information we hold about you, to request that we delete that information, and to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information.
However, Shoppsie does not “sell” your personal information as defined by the CCPA.
To understand the categories of personal information we have collected in the last 12 months, as well as our purposes for such collection, please review the “Information Collection and Use” section above.
To understand the categories of parties with whom we have shared the categories of Personal Data within the past 12 months, please see the “Information Sharing by Shoppsie” section above.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law.
We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request.
Since Shoppsie does not maintain any directly identifiable information about Users, we will verify you by reading the Cookie ID associated with your browser.
You can submit requests to access and delete your personal information by contacting us at (206) 717-4500.
2. Right to Nondiscrimination
We do not deny, charge different prices for, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services if you choose to exercise these rights.
3. Authorized Agents
You may also designate an agent to make requests to exercise your rights under CCPA as described above.
We will take steps both to verify the identity of the person seeking to exercise their rights as listed above, and to verify that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf through providing us with a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
VI. Modifications to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice.
Any changes to it will become effective when it is posted to our website.
VII. Contact Us
For any additional questions, inquiries, or complaints concerning Shoppsies privacy notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Sharing for Fraud Prevention & Safety: We may provide information to other companies and organizations (including law enforcement) for fraud protection, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
- Sharing in the Event of a Corporate Transaction: We may also share personal information in connection with a merger, acquisition, investment, reorganization, consolidation, liquidation, sale of assets, the event of bankruptcy, or other major corporate transaction, or for purposes of due diligence connected with any such transaction.
- Sharing with your Consent: We may also share your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.